1. How are you able to offer software at such low prices?
Over the years, we have partnered with major software publishers, thousands of schools and their academic resellers to facilitate the distribution of discounted software. Our technology and WebStores reduce the distribution and verification costs allowing us to pass even more savings on to you.
2. How can I get software deals through you?
There are two main ways to get discounted academic software:
- The first is through the OnTheHub eStore. This store is open to most countries worldwide and carries essential and curriculum based software. You will need to create a free account and verify your academic status, either by using your school email address or scanning and sending us proof of your status.
- The second is through your School WebStore powered by us – Kivuto Solutions Inc., previously known as e-academy Inc. If you need to get software like Adobe CS6 Master Collection or more, just do a quick search for your school using our search portal. If your organization/school has signed a special licensing agreement with an academic reseller (which we are not by the way), then it is most likely that we have created a WebStore just for your school so you can easily access these offers!
Your School WebStore would be the one that carries the software titles your school or department is allowed to distribute under their licensing agreement(s). The prices you will find in your School WebStore are unique or considered exclusive, as you will not find them anywhere else.
3. Can I really get certain software titles for free?
Yes! To find out if you are eligible for free Microsoft titles, visit our Free Software page.
4. How do I register with my institution issued email address?
While on the eStore or your School WebStore:
- In the top right corner of the page, click the Sign In link.
- Click the Register link on the Sign In page.
- Select the I have an institution issued email address option.
- Follow the prompts through the registration process. Ensure that you register the correct email address.
A registration email will be sent to the institution issued email account. Ensure that you are able to access your account when registering as you will need to click on the embedded link in the email to validate and finalize your registration.
Note: To ensure delivery of our system emails, make sure that email@example.com is added to your email white list.
The purchase of certain products may be restricted to specific user groups (e.g. Students, Faculty). This is a requirement by the software manufacturer and involves specific distribution agreements between either Kivuto and the manufacturer or your institution and the manufacturer.
5. How do I submit proof of my academic status?
If you do not have an institution issued email address you can still get your account verified by submitting proof that you are currently a student.
During the registration process, you are asked to submit proof of eligibility (e.g. Student/Staff/Faculty ID card, class list, letter from the school etc.) via file upload or fax.
Important: The proof you provide must contain your full name, date of current enrollment and the name of your school. Your proof file must be in .GIF, .JPG, .BMP or PDF format only and the file must be less than 2MB.
Once your proof has been verified, you will receive an email confirming your verified status. Note: It may take 1-2 business days before you receive the email due to the manual verification process.
If you choose not to submit your proof during the registration process, you can submit your proof at a later date. You will not have access to any software that you order until the verification has been finalized. Failing to provide/submit proof within 7 business days will result in the cancellation of your software order.
To submit proof at a later date:
- Sign in to your organization's WebStore by clicking the Sign In link at the top of the page.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- At the top of the page, click the Your Account link.
- Click the Your Eligibility link.
- Click the Request additional eligibility button.
- Select the I will submit proof of my academic affiliation option.
- Upload your proof in the required field.
- Click the Continue button.
If you do not have a digital copy of your proof, you can submit your proof by fax to 1-866-469-7512.
Ensure that you provide a copy of the Account Registration form with your proof.